Saturday, October 18, 2008

OU v Kansas

Time: ~12 min.
Distance: 1.5 miles

A dude in a Sam Bradford uni and Bill Simms. "It's not barbecue, it's boomer-q."

I got home from work just after the start of the 4th quarter of the #4 OU v #16 Kansas game. The Sooners were in control and up by 3 touchdowns when I decided to lace up the Lunatrainers and head to campus. I ran in along Brooks as some of the fans were leaving to go home. Everyone was looking at me a little funny which I attributed to the fact that I was simply, well, running. I made it close to the Duck Pond and when the looks continued I looked down and realized that I was wearing KU colors. I had on the Brooks HVAC short (I'd post a link from the Brooks' website but apparently they don't feel the need to post it online) along with a Brooks Element Jacket which made me look kinda like this guy. Okay, maybe not but still I overlooked the fact that it was a bad idea to wear my Brooks gear. I was only trying to support the brand. Meagan knows how hard that is for me to do.

I navigated my way through the crowds to meet up with Holly over by his tailgate. I enjoyed a beer with him before moving on to the short bus where Craig and his buddies were hanging out. The set up at the short bus was pretty good, but it would have been better if they had a tv hooked up. The funniest scene of the night was the three motorcycles lined up with their wheels turned to make them look cooler and then Craig's Huffy bike lying on the ground. I enjoyed a few beers and even took a hit from a bag-o-wine. I tried to teach them to slap the bag afterwards but it didn't catch on. I left for home shortly after Craig rode off on his Huffy.

No comments: