Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Been Too Long...

I haven't posted in quite some time, but thought I would give a general update as to what I have been up to... nothing. Well, at least not running. In the past few weeks I have started seeing a physical therapist over at the Physical Performance Center in order to get a better diagnosis on my hip. Jimmy Robinson is the PT who is working on my hip and during the first appointment he was very thorough when he watched me stand, walk and while observing my flexibility. He noticed that my forefoot on the medial side is varus (maybe it's valgus, I get them confused) which means that it drops lower than the rest of my foot. As a result, I could be placing more stress on that side which radiates up to my hip. A likely story? Probably not, but perhaps.

He wants to fit me for an orthotic that will provide a touch more stability in the forefoot, which I'm not too thrilled about, but neither is he. I'm not a big fan of orthotics because they bind your foot, you have to keep track of it whenever you run and they cost too much, however, if it gets me back to running I'll give it a shot. Speaking of shots, that's what I think I really need. A nice cortisone injection deep in my hip. Voila. Problem probably solved. I'm will to try anything at this point. If an Asian acupuncturist offered me three beans to be exploded like fireworks near my hip which would result in a magic stalk growing out my hip that would reduce the inflammation, I would try it. Ask Tom about that remedy, he tried it once in Korea.

* I think I am going to try and update some other days of the blog going backwards. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alright, I'd say it's high time for an update... maybe some revealing photos to keep your readers interested.