Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week in Review

Time: 793:15
Distance: 177.71 km

I would like to be able to say that this was a monster week or just another week at 160+ km, but I really have no idea. I do know that I have been able to consistently log what would equate to over 100 miles per week but I haven't added exact distance. I am feeling aerobically strong but know there is lots to work on in the 3:15 to 3:35 per kilometer range (roughly 5:15-5:35 per mile). The body is holding up without too many niggles. I have really tight hamstrings which is a combination of all the driving and running. I also have had some soreness in my left knee when ascending and descending stairs.

This week also capped off several days of aggressively wear testing some new Karhu shoes. That is both the perks of the job and a pain because I often run in shoes that are much too small. I can't complain for getting free shoes but it comes at a cost... squeezing my 10-10.5 foot into a size 9 and logging runs. However, recently I have been fortunate as we made some size 10 models to test and they are working out great. Very lightweight, responsive and fit even better.

No comments: