Monday, October 1, 2007

Medium Run w/ Pace Drop

Time: 90:06
Distance: 15 miles

Ran from the Lodge out towards the GT, but continued west on Robinson. Hooked a left just past the golf course, past Main St., turned left on Boyd thinking it was Brooks St. Stupid mistake. Boyd is rather busy at 8:15 in the morning. Found my way over to Brooks and on to Pickard. I was at 54:51 when I crossed Lindsey and Pickard. Tom wanted me to run the last 25 minutes or so hard, getting down to 5:15 pace. I knew that from Lindsey to Imhoff is one mile and I split 5:32. Ran to Chautauqua, turned right and then made a left on the south side of Lloyd Noble. Scotty D. informed me that the paved stretch is 800 meters long and I split 2:31 along it. Ran north on Jenkins to the track to get a better sense of my pace. I knew I was running hard but I still felt really relaxed and tall with a more powerful and fluid stride. Split 2:34 for 800 meters on the track feeling as though I had slowed down. Ran back out on to Brooks and ended the hard effort at Brooks and Classen. I ran hard for 26:22. C/d back to the Lodge the normal route from Brooks. The run looked something like this.

No comments: