Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tempo Run

Time: 81:53
Distance: 12-13 miles

I gave Tom a call before doing this workout b/c the wind was going to be a factor. I wasn't sure where I wanted to do it but other than the wind the weather was nice. I went out around noon to get in a 6-8 mile tempo run dropping the pace. Tom wanted me to find a ~2 mile loop that I could monitor well and not have to fight the wind for an extended period of time. I decided this loop was my best option. It was basically 2.25 miles and I ran it 3 times, so I'll call it 6.75 miles total. I warmed up 15:34 from the Lodge in towards campus stopping at the OU locker room.

I hit splits of:
1st Loop - 12:18.79
2nd Loop - 12:04.06
3rd Loop - 11:50.84 for 36:13.69 total

Didn't feel great during the run but it was a workout nonetheless. I'm not too sure on what the pace was, nor do I really care. The effort was hard for the 2nd and 3rd loops and that's all that really matters. The wind was blowing out of the west, so it was in my face along Boyd St., and at my back along Brooks.

C/d 30:06

No comments: