Friday, October 5, 2007

Tokyo Excursion

Time: 35:11
Distance: 5 miles

Woke up at some ungodly hour multiple times during the night. Ben Stern described how he slept ast, "it was like a baby... i woke up every 2 hours and cried." That was pretty much how it went. Finally at 5:30 am I got up and headed out the hotel door shortly thereafter. I knew there had to be a decent place to run b/c there was so much water around. Where there is water, there is a bike path. I ended up heading through some little mall along a busy street, but soon I found a canal with a small pedestrian walkway. I ran on that in toward a busier part of Tokyo. I know we were pretty far out on the outskirts of town but the run brought me closer to the urban environment. The streets were pretty quiet while I was out. I got to see some store owners cleaning their store fronts and some other citizens were out walking there dogs. A few people were out for a jog. It was a very easy run effort wise and a great way to see some of what Tokyo had to offer.

No comments: