Thursday, December 13, 2007

12/7 to 12/13

Time: 0 minutes
Distance: 0 miles

A few days ago Tom and I decided not to run the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon and opted to take some time off instead. I have been able to focus on school work and let my body fully rest for the first time since late June. The few runs that I have done were nice knowing that I didn't have a workout in a few days and needed to be rested. I was just able to enjoy the run.

I thought about starting up the training on 12/10 b/c most of my work was already completed. However, when I got up I found out that Campus Lodge was without electricity. Not only were we without electricity but most of the state was too. There was no way I was going to put in some time on the feet, come back and sit around in dirty running clothes without the ability to take a hot shower. I was able to hang out at campus, Kristi's and Jilane's for a few days before leaving for Cali. On Weds. night when I went by the Lodge to pick up my clothes, the apartment smelled like Marijuana, was probably 40 degrees and darker than most caves. After grabbing a random assortment of apparel I was off to Jilane's to pack and go out for the last time of the running break.

Now that I'm back in Cali I have started running again. Slowly but surely getting back into things. The break was nice. But, not feeling useless is nicer. Also, not having to run in ice storms where power lines are snapped by falling branches is pretty nice too.

No comments: