Monday, December 24, 2007

St. Regis to Hopper's Hands


Time: 76:26
Distance: 12.8 miles


Last night I flew from LAX to SFO and then took the BART into the St. Regis. The place is almost empty now that it is on the market. In the morning I ran from the hotel, down Market St. and headed west along the Embarcadero. I did a very standard run which turns around at Hopper's Hands. The wind wasn't too strong this morning and the weather was beautiful. It wasn't too foggy or cold.

I felt good, but again, I think the pace was fast. I was clipping along on the way out and hit halfway in 39:30 or so. As I started back I noticed that my breathing was very relaxed, but my legs were having a difficult time responding. For now it's no big deal that I'm not feeling too fresh on these runs as I get back into things, but by Jan. 1 I better be on point. After mapping the run I have a better sense of how far and fast I have been running. It was nice being on flat route since the hills in Agoura were taking their toll.

No comments: