Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Palm Springs

Time: 55:02
Distance: 8 miles

Ran from my dad's pad in Palm Springs on a route that had no particular direction. I was messing around up near the mountains on the roads when I found a trail that looked like it ran along a ridge. I opted to take it thinking that I could possibly run to the other side of the museum and golf course that was below. I was severely wrong. The trail, one that I think I have tried to run before, was treacherous. I wasn't really running at any point, more like hopping from rock to rock. Going up wasn't so bad but the journey back down wasn't fun. Thankfully, I didn't really venture too far out before heading back. Afterwards, I ran up towards the old houses we used to live in before running back along the main strip. Good run. Legs fine.

I finished the day of running with some hard strides. I ran along Deepwell in the street. I'm not totally sure how far the strides were but I would guess between 150m and 180m. I was concentrating on form and maintaining the effort. I only ran 5 but they were done well and a start to the track season.

No comments: