Sunday, December 16, 2007

The New Plan

This morning I had a nice conversation with my coach Tom. We discussed many things like becoming a general in the Costa Rican Army, the price of bicycles in Trajikistan and the prevalence of "mingers, munters, and wagons." More importantly, we talked about training. Some of the notes to come out of the discussion were:
  • stay off the track in Cali
  • focus on hills
  • spend any extra energy doing drills
  • run strides right... 150m hard
  • week #1 - 60 miles
  • week #2 - 70 miles
  • get ready to start doing legit track work upon arrival to Oklahoma in Jan. (600s, 800s, etc.)
I liked the training plan and think I should stick to it if I want to run a decent indoor season. We think a trip up to the "launch pad" would be in our favor. Since I am just getting back to filling out this blog after some time off, Owen's potential race list serves as a decent model. Also, I haven't discussed this with him, but... Tajikistan? You see, I wasn't really interested in reading anyone's blog while I wasn't running. Especially, when it was ice storming in Oklahoma and I catch a glimpse of this. 70 degrees? Are you kidding me?

No comments: