Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rainy Run around Santa Rosa

Time: 68:41
Distance: 10.8 miles
Map

I didn't have any particular route in mind before stepping out the door. I just wanted to get in around 80 minutes and perhaps stop by Danny Aldridge and Greg Fogg's new running store Heart & Sole. They took the name and are being helped by a store based out of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The new store has only been open since Thanksgiving, but so far it seems to be doing fine.

I ran the loop that is mapped above. At around the 32 minute mark I stopped at the store and hung out for about 15 minutes. While I was there Sara Bei's (Hall) parents came in to drop off a VHS tape of Footlocker Finals from 2000 and some photos. The tape featured Sara winning her senior year.

It was much colder than I had expected (low 40's and drizzly), but overall the run was fine. I am coming down with a bit of a cold, but I was able to breath fine while running. I was trying to avoid going over Fountaingrove Parkway or Montecito, but somehow I just ended up there. The elevation chart shows a giant spike which is the hill. Since I was so close to home and it was cold I decided that 68 minutes was enough for the day.

Later in the afternoon I stopped back by the Heart & Sole store to hang out. Since I am terribly bored and I ddin't want to sit at home it was fun catching up with Danny, Ryan and Greg.

No comments: