Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nahant Long Run

Time: 88:45
Distance: 19.38 km
Pace: 4:35/km
Map

Meagan and I met Emily Kroshus at the parking lot of the Nahant causeway for a nice run on a chilly spring morning day. The ocean was really calm except for a few rogue waves splashing over the sea wall when Meagan and I put in 10 minutes before Emily arrived. My legs have been really tired the last couple of days so running with the girls really forced me to slow down and relax. It was just what I needed to help the body recover. I could tell on a couple of the climbs in Nahant my quads and hamstrings didn't want to lift.

I should mention that before showing up to the run Meagan and I spent the morning watching the World Cross Country Championships. It was a great showing by Neely Spence for 13th overall and the men's squad claimed a silver. Read more about the race over on everyone's favorite website www.letsrun.com.

No comments: