Monday, June 30, 2008

Double Run

Time: 37:25
Distance: 5 miles

This evening after picking up my computer from OK Runner and spending some quality time at Starbucks I went for a run around dusk. I was planning on running the loop around the elementary school over to the Irving Middle School to run on the grass, but I happened to run into Lauren Watson who is on the women's XC and track teams at Oklahoma. We had a nice chat and got in some easy miles. She is here for the summer and is putting in mileage for the XC season. Again this run was time on my feet just to loosen up.

I am now currently eating Oriental flavored ramen and drinking a Bud Light. Did someone say classy? What exactly is Oriental flavor? Where is the Orient? Is that politically correct?

The Olympic Trials resume this evening with the women's 3k steeple semis and the finals of the 800m and 5k. Should be some good stuff. My buddy Jake Arnold who I went to high school with is currently sitting in 5th place with the 1500m to run. He will have to make up close to 500 points to make the team, which, unfortunately, doesn't seem likely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You pose a very just question. technically dude- chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature- and I presume Oriental flavoring is just as much of an ill-representation. At least I know a one Walter Sobchak would back us up on this one...