Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Garbage Loop

Time: 85:14
Distance: 13 miles

Scotty D and I left our respective homes at 10:15 to meet near the corner of Jenkins and Lindsey. It rained, thundered/lightning all morning. I swear the house across the street got lit up around 7:20 am. The crack was unbelievably loud. Once Dizzle and I connected along Jenkins we turned and headed through the middle of campus near Asp before making our way over to Chautauqua and across Hwy 9. We looped past the garbage dump and headed out the road that runs alongside the shooting range. I had never been on that road before and I think it would be a decent location to tempo on.

Scott D and I departed at back at the corner of Jenkins and Lindsey and I headed on to the indoor track to use the facilities. When I came out I noticed that Michael Blackwood and Danny McFarlane were just getting done with a workout. I chatted with Danny about his performances in Europe thus far in the season. Last week he placed 2nd in the 400m hurdles at the Oslo Bislett Games. About a month ago he placed second in the same event in Doha, Qatar. Next week both Danny and Michael are headed back to their nation's championships in Jamaica.


No comments: