Sunday, June 1, 2008

Starting Off

Time: 66:02
Distance: ~9-10 miles

Good to be back in some capacity. I from Campus Lodge out to Sutton Woods, ran two laps around the 1.5 mile trail and then home. I ran the first two miles in a relaxed 13:51 and got the bright idea that it would be cool if I could run the last two miles 2 mins faster. I stopped at the water spigot to cool off on the way into and out of Sutton. The weather was warm but not unbearable (80s with some humidity). Once I hit the 2 miles to go I picked up the pace drastically. Roughly 4 mins into the effort I was thinking this was a dumb idea but I pressed on. I'm not sure where the mile mark was but I'm guessing I ran around 5:15-5:25. Knowing I was potentially f'd I backed off and cruised in to finish the last couple in 11:01. It felt good to turn things over a bit, but I'm a long ways off being truly fit.

3 comments:

Owen said...

Let me know when you're injured again. Say... tomorrow, hot shot.

Unknown said...

sup hater?

Tom Floss said...

Jordan's like Chuck Norris. Neither can be injured.