Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sacramento American River Parkway


Time: 80:13
Distance: 12 miles

Woke up this morning relatively early but didn't get out the door until 7:30 am. I started at my cousin Tara's house and ran toward the river. I luckily remembered the most direct route that goes through the neighborhoods and pops out near the 10.5 mile mark. Once I hit the bike path I chose to go right (west?) until the 40 minute mark. Since it took about 10 mins to get the the bike path I was able run run a little over 4 miles on it before turning. On the way back I decided to start taking splits of 6:13, 6:15, 6:00 (this was short), 6:20 (this was long), 3:02.

Felt ok but not great after my day off. My right hip was a bit stiff and I stopped and stretched it a couple of times during the run. There were a lot of bikers out along the path and many runners too. When I got back to the house I made sure to stretch out well.

No comments: