Friday, October 2, 2009

Captain Hook

Time: 39:48
Distance: 5.31 mile
Pace: 7:29
Map

I had a little company with me this morning as Meagan met up with me just as I made the turn onto the Little Sugar Creek bike path. You can read in her blog how she is able to run a little bit now that her hip/leg/quad/femur is feeling better. She still runs a little like she has a peg leg which is sweet because I hear pirates were the Usain Bolt of their time. Please pause for a pirate joke:

An able-bodied seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and they take turns recounting their adventures at sea. Noting the pirate's peg-leg, hook, and eye patch, the seaman asks, "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?"

The pirate replies "We was caught in a monster storm off the Cape and a giant wave swept me overboard. Just as they was pullin' me out a school of sharks appeared and one of 'em bit me leg plum off!"

"Blimey!" said the seaman. "What about the hook"?

"Ahhhh...," mused the pirate, "We was boardin' a trader ship, pistols a 'blastin' and swords a'swingin' this way and that. In the fracas me hand got chopped off."

"Zounds!" remarked the seaman. "And how came ye by the eye patch"?

"A seagull droppin' fell into me eye," answered the pirate.

"Ye lost your eye to a seagull dropping?" the sailor asked incredulously.

"Welllll..." explained the pirate, "..it was me first day with the hook."

The pace on this run was a little slower than usual but it was good to have Meagan along and keep me running nice and easy. I have a 400 meter session this afternoon to get ready for.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Jordan has quite a thing for pirates. He suited up as one for Halloween at ages 2, 3, and 4 and again at age 10. Argh!

Meagan Nedlo said...

send that 10-year-old costume this way if you still have it...probably still fits.