Monday, October 5, 2009

McAlpine Malfunction

Time: 66:36
Distance: 9.94 miles
Map

I went out to the Boyce parking lot with Tanya and Benny this afternoon for the day's longer effort. Before leaving, I finally found where the basketballs are kept in the gymnasium. Tanya and I showed off our skills for about 10 minutes while the team had a brief meeting. It brought back boring stories of Brown days when Peaches would dunk from the foul line and Tarpy slammed home Sprite balls.

The run started really slowly and progressed nicely to a group of Alex, Nelson, Futsum and me. For some reason Mr. Garmin didn't record the first 4 miles of the run and I only noticed it somewhere around the 2k mark of the Footlocker course. I got things straightened out with the techno-watch and saw the splits were sub-6:30s. The weather was still cool and perhaps a little drizzly like a winter day in Santa Rosa.

After the run I did a few strides with the guys but opted out of the plyos.

No comments: