Monday, October 12, 2009

Race Day Morning

It's the morning of the race and I'm wide awake. In fact, I was wide awake several times throughout the night and at one point I got up for about an hour. I'm not sure why I slept so poorly. When I decided to get up I turned on the television and found a channel airing the Chicago Marathon. I watched Sammy Wanjiru looked controlled from about 15k to 25k which is when I was able to fall back asleep. I had already checked the result and saw that he won in a new CR breaking Special Ks' (Khalid Khannouchi) 2:05:42 by one second.

Check out the blog Japan Running News for a great preview of the race. It also says that you can watch the race online but for those who are in the states the start time is around midnight.

The states GAORA is showing a live NFL game. The guys from the northeast on this trip should be delighted to see the Patriots are leading the Broncos 17-7 at halftime.

Race report later.

Also, Tarpy won a bit of coin at the Hartford Half taking first place (money) and being the first New Englander (more money). Good pay day for 64:42 minutes of work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I assume you will be bartering for some of the mentioned green and orange Daiichi IT team kit, most importantly some XS shorts. Have a good run in any case!