Friday, October 30, 2009

Lovely Fall Afternoon

Time: 52:20
Distance: ~8 miles
Map

I was able to leave my internship about an hour early today and drive home to change. My running costume was on when I drove by Run for Your Life to pick up Meagan, only I wasn't going to drive home. The afternoon weather was perfect with a soft breeze, warm sunshine, crisp and clean air. I started out very casually from the parking lot and just kind of wandered through a quiet neighborhood near the store. Mr. Garmin wasn't on point for the first 6 mins, but it wasn't too big of a deal as I just wanted to get an idea of how far I was going. Pace was of no concern on this day.

I jogged near Latta Park on the streets shaded by oak trees and acorns. The acorns made their presence known as a couple nearly pelted my head and I could hear their direct hits on parked cars. To get some extra distance I ran part of the Booty Loop near Queens before heading back to the apartment. It felt like I had been out the door longer than 52 minutes but it was a relaxed run in great conditions today.

No comments: