Thursday, October 14, 2010

Double Thurdays

Time: 60:10
Distance: ~8.6 miles

Today started in Tokyo and ended with a run in Charlotte. There was no sight seeing today as our bus left for the airport around 11:00 am. I had to get breakfast, Skype and pack up all my dirty clothes. Traveling for a race is always fun but figuring out what to do with gross clothes, gifts and not combining the two isn't. We got to the airport with tons of time to blow our remaining yen in the gift malls. I purchased a few items for my boys in Let Me Run who will probably not enjoy any of them. I got sardines, a bean curd dessert and another traditional Japanese snack.

The flight back to the states was uneventful. I asked for an exit row and slept most of the way which made for a boring time. I wanted to do a bit of reading and perhaps watch some movies, but that didn't happen. When we arrived in Chicago the customs lines were longer than usual. I had a two hour layover, but it turned out that I only had about 30 minutes to get to my gate. I arrived just as the plane was boarding and I situated myself for the final flight back to the Queen City.

I picked up my bags, found the car and key that Meagan left in long term parking a day earlier and drove home. When I got home I unpacked some of my clothes for the wash and opted to get in a run. I only wanted 5 miles, but I was feeling good and turned it into an hour long jaunt. I got home and had trouble sleeping so I messed around reading blogs and explored the intertubes before ending my second Thursday of the week.

No comments: