Friday, October 8, 2010

Second Run in the Rain

Time: 33:18
Distance: ~4 miles

When I fell asleep the NFL's Arizona vs. San Diego game was being aired on tv. When I got up the game was over, but I found an MTV station that was playing a collection of Snoop Dogg songs. They were also unedited which I found strange. Zac Hine and I went out for a short run in the rain this time running in the opposite direction from this morning. It was dark and the roads were wet so we were extra careful when crossing numerous intersection. The other direction is definitely the better way to go.

Dinner was served just after our arrival back to the hotel. I should have taken some pictures of the meal but I didn't. I couldn't have uploaded the photos to my mini-computer anyway. I can describe that most of the team got the same meal which included crab, "roast beef," all sorts of fish (cooked and raw), shrimp, rice, miso soup, funky root vegetables in a sauce, small clams, salad, caviar and mushrooms, and a salty dish that none of us could stomach. I'm probably forgetting some items on the tray, but you get the idea. All of the dishes were served in really small portions that left you satisfied, but not full. There was no ice cream this time, nor was there an adventure into town. It was still raining and everyone was content to head up to their rooms to sleep.

I passed out for a few hours, but it's currently just after midnight on what is now Saturday, October 9th.

No comments: