Thursday, October 28, 2010

(Un)Common Market Run

Time: 62:04
Distance: ~8 miles

After cooling down with Meagan from her workout and dropping her off back home, I drove over to Common Market for the Meetup Group run. I was interested in the running comradery and post-run pints, while she wanted to nerd out at a book club meeting.

I joined up with Tyler and Jay a little early so we could run the loop once prior to running it with the big group. Somehow the three of us managed to miss a turn and we ended up across The Plaza. We still managed to get back in time to see all the Halloween costumes. Nobody told us about the costume party so we stood off to the side and looked at the wallflowers (not that any of us would have worn a costume).

We came as the A-Team. Photo courtesy (stolen) from Kati Robertson.

The group set off shortly after 6:30 pm and I ran in the middle of the pack. I ran up on Batman (Allen Strickland) a few minutes into the run and we steadily picked people off. By the time we finished the pace was quite honest and I was ready to call it a day. I believe Bruce Wayne had a few of those miles clocked at just over 7:00 (BQ pace) too. Back at Common Market, Kati, Tyler and I each purchased a drink of our choice and imbibed while chatting about religion and politics. We really did. Prior to leaving Kati snapped a pic of me feeding her Yoda backpack which was part of her Jedi costume. If you think Yoda talks funny in the movies, you should hear him after a couple pints. I couldn't understand a damn thing.


Where do you think Yoda got all his wisdom?

1 comment:

Owen said...

The goatee returns!