Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Evening Loop

Time: 97:15
Distance: 14+ miles

I made pancakes instead of going on a run this morning. Good decision? I think so. In the late afternoon I got out the door for some miles through Freedom Park and added on three consecutive Booty Loops. The cyclists were out and I got to see some multiple times each lap. The body is a little tired but I ran strong. I wasn't wearing Mr. Garmin because he's still broken which makes it difficult to bring him along. I believe I was clicking off splits around 6:30 or faster for the last hour. The roughly 5k loops allowed me to zone out and concentrate on form and breathing comfortably. The quads were a little sore on the uphills as expected.

A few hours after getting home from the run I went over to Rebecca Thomason's house for Chris Lamperski's going away bash. It was a fun evening with half in attendance wearing costumes. Things took a turn for the better once the "beer buddy" came out and the drinking contest began. I won't name names, but there were several performances under 5 seconds. I'm talking out of bottles too which made it even more impressive. And, add to it that the beer was the good stuff like Sierra Nevada, Blue Moon and American Ale. I avoided the contest at all costs, but fully enjoyed watching. Even better was watching the Rangers slay the Yankees. Now it's the Giants turn to eliminate the Phillies.

No comments: