Monday, October 4, 2010

Meagan's Back!

Time: 61:12
Distance: ~8.6 miles

After about a month's absence, Meagan is back to running healthy again. She and I went for our Medium Freedom Park Loop this morning. While she was in Atlanta her mileage slowly increased and her foot gradually healed to the point of running naturally. The run this morning wasn't fast, but it was at least run with relative ease and no pain. I'm glad to have her back out on the roads of Charlotte with me. The last 5 minutes of the run we picked up the pace considerably because she thought we were running too slow. I believe we've broken an hour on this loop a couple of times together, but there really no need for her to push the tempo this early into her return. Either way we both had a good run and look forward to training in the fall temperatures together again. Most importantly, she looks forward to having her name tagged in my blog again.

No comments: