Monday, October 18, 2010

Scary Movies

Time: 36:29
Distance: ~5 miles

Meagan, Caitlin and I went out for some easy miles this evening. I had run close to 90 minutes this morning so I was content to call it a day when Caitlin wanted to head home just after 35 minutes. The rest of the night was spent eating soup, cupcakes and watching the original Pet Semetary. It was my first time seeing the film and probably the last. I'm not a scary movie fan because they are usually too corny to be taken seriously. This movie was no different which is why I fell asleep about 70 minutes into it.

I will say that Pet Semetary was a better choice than the Blair Witch Project which Meagan also rented from Blockbuster. I saw BWP in the theaters when I was in high school while I was at a cross country camp at Lake Tahoe. The team was camping in the woods at the time and decided to see the summer's biggest film. I wasn't impressed then and I wouldn't be impressed now.

Other films would be Poltergeist which was okay but I think I fell asleep in the sixth grade the first time I watched it. Silence of the Lambs is probably my favorite suspense/thriller movie. I'd pick Bad Boys II any day over Scream, The Exorcist, or I Know What You Did Last Summer.

No comments: