Saturday, October 16, 2010

Meagan's Return

Time: 40:22
Distance: ~5.5 miles

This afternoon I took a huge nap in front of the television. I'm not sure how long I was out, but I awoke feeling refreshed and ready to function. Meagan's flight landed about an hour after I got up and we were reunited for the first time in over a week. She spent a few days down in Ft. Lauderdale getting an account ready for a race. I asked if she wanted to put in some easy miles this evening and she agreed if we ran her new loop.

The loop took us toward Freedom Park but we turned once we hit Princeton. It ran by the ginormous house on the corner that looks a bit like a castle minus the moat. There was a big party going on that somehow we didn't get invited to. The invitation must have been lost in the mail or something. We continued up Queens Rd. and on to the new trail near Myers Park High School. When we got to the Taco Bell, I did a few strides while a homeless man mumbled at me. The rest of the evening was spent hanging out and recapping our trips.

No comments: