Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 800:21
Distance: 118.54 miles

This is by far the most miles I've run since the winter of my senior year at Brown. When I returned to California over winter break that year I was committed to putting in the miles. I strung together 8 weeks of triple digits and probably topped out near 120 miles. I've run 100+ miles a week at various other times since then, but never with any true consistency. Sometimes it has been a week or two here or a month there of big miles, but my goal now is to keep the mileage high.

I have to consider how my body feels after jumping the miles so much in a week and I'm glad to report that it feels good. The leg muscles are a little sore due to all the pounding, but nothing that I'm concerned about. I don't feel any extreme aches, tightness or pain. I definitely need to use the foam roller and stick a bit more now to keep things this way.

What else happened this week? I raced with great mediocrity twice on Saturday, #1 ranked OU lost to #11 Mizzou, the 49ers gave the Panthers their first win and the Giants clinched the pennant. The Giants clinched the pennant! It's going to be a Giants vs. Rangers World Series which means it's Nor Cal vs. the Republic of Texas which means it's Kinley vs. Nedlo all over again. It also means that Columbia alum and Izumo Ekiden teammate, Steve Sundell, has to run 1000k in the month of November. We made a little bet when the Phillies and Giants were tied at one game a piece. Looks like he better get a new pair of shoes in preparation for his big month of running.

No comments: