Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 623:53
Distance: 89.74 miles

I got in the miles, but that's about it. I ran a terrible race from a toughness standpoint and didn't run a workout this week (I came close with a long uptempo effort). The good news is despite the sub-par effort, I am still getting in the miles while traveling recently. I won't mention the bad news as all you have to do is read my post from Saturday. After the race I was able to reflect and map out some of my training leading up to leaving for Japan. I'll need one workout prior to racing in Izumo to give me the confidence and familiarity with hurting/pushing the threshold.

Today also marked Caitlin's marathon debut at the Twin Cities Marathon. For whatever reason the live update system didn't work and I never received text messages on her progress. Right around the time I was leaving Wilmington, I started inquiring about her race. She ran brilliantly and finished in 2:41:53 which placed her behind a couple Ethiopians, a Kenyan and some Russians. Not a bad debut at all. I conservatively guessed that she would finish a few tics under 2:44 in a prediction contest, but honestly thought she was fit enough to run in the 2:41-2:44 range. A big congrats and job well done to her.

No comments: