Friday, June 29, 2012

Along Lake Champlain

Time: 80:03
Distance: 20.05 km
Pace: 4:00/km
Map

I left Albany last night with Burlington, VT as my destination. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it all the way to the biggest city along Lake Champlain, but I wanted to get close. There was some good track on tv that I wanted to catch so I had to hurry if I was going to see the 1500m semi-finals and 5ks at the US Olympic Trials. I made it with just enough time to get to Buffalo Wild Wings where I thought I would be watching on my computer. But, no! The restaurant actually had the meet on one of the 50 tvs. It was great action that pumped me up for the run in the morning.

I played around on my iPad to find the quickest route to the bike path along the lake and headed out around 9 AM. It didn't take long to find and soon I was steadily picking up the pace along the water. I never felt great but tried to take advantage of the flat surface and good conditions. I ran out 10 km with every kilometer after 4 km being under 4:00/km (~6:30 per mile). It was getting warm and I wasn't looking to start a hard effort so my goal became to maintain pace. I ended back at my shitty hotel doing just that feeling like I got in a nice steady effort without going to the well. There were a couple slightly uphill kilometers that I thought I might see 4:xx but that was not the case. Good run along Lake Champlain.

No comments: