Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cruising to Nahant

Time: 93:04
Distance: 23.20 km
Pace: 4:01/km
Map

Meagan and I started out on this one from ST's house in the direction of Nahant. We ran together for 30 minutes recapping the events of this week and making sure she felt okay after the terrible run she had yesterday morning. I was feeling good in the ideal running weather on the North Shore. The wind wasn't too bad as I approached the outer portions of the Nahant Neck. I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick it up on the way back given the wind would be in my face, but I took each kilometer one at a time. Once I hit the causeway I was cruising in the 3:50-3:55/km range and hope to just maintain. As I got closer to Swampscott and then Marblehead the pace had still managed to drop. The final full 5 km was run under 3:44/km (6:00/mile) and the final kilometer was the only one I felt like I was really pushing (I ran 3:10). Definitely happy about this one.

No comments: