Friday, June 22, 2012

Teddy's Island

Time: 71:27
Distance: 16.31 km
Pace: 4:23/km
Map

Meagan and I were out the door for a run from Jilane's house to Teddy Roosevelt's Island. It's a must see if you're a runner and spending time in DC. Unfortunately, Meagan is sick and was a champ the entire conference but today was not her day. We got to within about a half mile of the island when she said she was going to have to turn back. I know she had a rough one, so rough that she later ordered us both Road IDs.

I on the other hand looped the island feeling fairly good. I held a decent clip off the island and back into DC and up the Mall to Jilane's. There were lots of runners out this morning and it was nice not feeling too rushed after a fun awards banquet last night. Fun way to end my time in DC.

No comments: