Friday, January 14, 2011

Caitlin's Workout

Time: 84:38
Distance: ~12 miles

W/u: 29:21 for ~4 miles
W/o: 3 x 2 miles on the Dilworth Speed Loop w/ Caitlin
C/d: 14:32 for ~1.8 miles

This afternoon I went over to Caitlin's house and we headed off in the direction of Dilworth. She had a workout to do which would give me an opportunity to see how my achilles would respond to faster running. Our warm up took us through Freedom Park and ended at Rebecca Thomason's house even though she wasn't there.

Splits:
11:36 - 5:48, 5:48
(2:58)
11:35 - 5:46, 5:49
(3:00)
11:32 - 5:50, 5:40
40:45 total and ~6.3 miles

Caitlin ran strong over the duration of the effort and seemed pretty comfortable. After the first loop and suggested that she focus on running the uphills on the second interval and shift the focus to the downhills on the third. I wanted to direct her attention to something other than the pace. If she could let her mind dial in on the course and determine if we were running up or downhill, then she hopefully would be able to break the interval up into pieces. We managed to complete the workout all with basically the same splits.

My achilles felt good and never gave me any issues. I'm pleased with the effort aerobically, but know my legs will be sore from the pounding. I'll need until Feb. 1st before I can really start doing my own workouts designed for the next big race, whatever that may be.

Read Caitlin's review of the workout here.

No comments: