Saturday, January 1, 2011

Refuse to take a Zero

Time: 35:12
Distance: ~4.2 miles

I refused to take a zero on the first day of the year. Several year's ago I didn't run on New Year's Day because I attended the Rose Bowl and I justified it as a sacrificial day of running. I gave the first day to the running gods so that I wouldn't get hurt the rest of the year and I don't think I had an injury free year.

This morning I attended the CRC Hangover Run properly hungover. I watched the prediction run with the desire of being a participant, but I didn't need the competitive juices to start flowing. Johnny Compton and Paul Mainwaring looked strong up front and others started the year off right. I provided the prizes in the form of Nuun, water bottles and Balega socks. So if you didn't attend, you missed out! I also sold a fair amount of my Craft samples, but there are still more where they came from (my storage unit. HELP ME CLEAN IT OUT!).

The run took place in the afternoon when I got out the door with Meagan. We ran into Freedom Park on an abbreviated short loop. I remember feeling decent, but not great. The achilles is holding up with signs of recovery, still being cautious though.

No comments: