Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Inefficient Run

Time: 41:23
Distance: ~5.5 miles

I got up early so that I could find my way over to the Roosevelt Hotel and meet up with all of the owners, equity operators and managers of the Fleet Feet franchise. Once we got going I ended up having a great run with the assistant manager of Fleet Feet Raleigh. She ran at High Point and then transferred to NC State where she would graduate. Jemissa and I talked training and racing mostly as we ran in the chase group. The group up front was having a half-stepping contest so we just kept them in our sights.

The run temporarily ended at Cafe du Monde where everyone was going to be served beignets. I didn't feel like I had run far enough to fully enjoy a fried dough treat at 6:40 in the morning. Jemissa and I opted to head back the hotel and get ready for the expo.

I got back to my hotel room having been gone for over 90 minutes, yet I only managed to log just over 40 minutes on the watch. It was just one of those types of runs. However, it was good to be out mingling with everyone, but my running took a hit.

No comments: