Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Umstead State Park

Time: 57:34
Distance: ~8 miles

This evening, after visiting Raleigh Running Outfitters, TAF Raleigh, TrySports Raleigh, Fleet Feet Raleigh, Bull City Running Co., Inside-Out Sports and Raleigh Running Outfitters in Cary, it was time to go on run number two. We weren't too far from Umstead State Park which is always a great place to run. Again it was Meagan's first time to run here and I ran with her for 3 miles on the way out. She turned and returned back to the parking lot while I continued on for another mile (30:00 on the watch).

I flipped back and upped the tempo just a touch to get back prior to 6:00 pm. There were signs posted everywhere you looked saying the gates are locked at that time. I returned with about 10 minutes to spare. I cleaned up best I could before taking off in the direction of our hotel.

My achilles was alright, but I can tell it's still a little off. The hilly terrain were probably not the best for it on today's morning and evening runs.

No comments: