Monday, January 17, 2011

Muddy McAlpine

Time: 60:38
Distance: ~8 miles

Early in the afternoon I took a break and met up with some local runners who had MLK Jr. Day off from work. The melted snow has made a mess of the trails at McAlpine and I was none too happy. I'm not sure who said McAlpine was good to run on over the weekend, but it was a little too soft for my liking. I'm still trying to nurse the achilles back to health and while it is really really close to being 100%, I don't need to mess things up by running on a mushy surface.

Meagan, Compton, Ben and I all met up at Old Bell right on time. Somehow Paul Mainwaring and Ben Hovis didn't get the memo and went to Boyce instead. We spotted them further up the course and eventually got to run together and bicker back and forth as to who messed up. I still say they did...

No comments: