Monday, November 26, 2007

Back on the Train

Time: 84:28
Distance: 12-13 miles

Ran from the house toward King's Island on a back road that didn't have much of a shoulder. I was looking for the trail that runs along a creek/river that Eloisa showed me a few years ago. I knew the general region of where it was but didn't know exactly where to go. I ended up finding the path at about 28 minutes but by this point I was soaking wet and getting cold. The weather today was quite gloomy. I asked a sheriff how to get back to Mason and he looked at me like I was fucked. I kinda was. He recommended that I could run along the bike path and that when I came to an old factory to head up the hill and that would take me back through town.

I continued down the path for a little over two miles before coming to the factory. At this point I was soaked and getting colder. I saw the hill and started up it. It was definitely one of the biggest hills I've run up and it turns out I was going in the wrong direction. I found my way to a gas station and asked for directions. The attendant told me that I had to run back down the hill and cross the river, make my way to a McDonald's and then head straight. He directions were accurate but it took me another 30 minutes to get home. The run would have been great if it weren't so cold and wet. I was only out on the roads for 80+ minutes but it felt like I had been out there for well over 2 hrs. Just one of those runs. Good to be back at it though.

No comments: