Monday, November 12, 2007

Morning Jaunt

Time: 65:06
Distance: 10 miles

Ran this morning from the Lodge, through campus, out towards Scotty D's house. Was feeling rather sluggish and couldn't figure out why. Legs just weren't responding well. Perhaps a case of DOMS. When I got back out on to Chautauqua, I looked up and a runner with the yellow Team OK Runner singlet was on the other side of the street. I quickly picked up the pace to catch Jack Tracy and I ran with him for the last 20 minutes or so. It was a huge help having someone to run with and especially on this morning. I finished up by running back toward Jack's apartment and then ran home along Sooner Rd. and through the frisbee golf course by the Lodge. I started to get my stride back the last 10 minutes but that was partially do to the wind at my back.

I definitely need a name for this run. I need names for most of my runs in general so I can just write the name and not the description of it. Problem is that nothing eventful ever happens on them so nothing comes to mind. I miss the days of St. Rays, Crazy St. Rays (which doesn't exist), Dragon (even though I hated that run), Seekonk (long and short), and most of all P.C.

And, I'm sure if you're reading this you have already been on Owen's blog. Just so you know, I am not sporting any kind of faux hawk these days. I'm in the phase where my hair is too long to style into any kind of Euro faux hawk/mullet. Although, maybe I should consider ditching the Euros and testing out the Japanese style.

2 comments:

Owen said...

I want to see crazy-hair jordan... You still got that picture around? I think your blog-reading fans would like it!

Jilane said...

one of my favorite days ever in the sports info office was getting to post this as the main photo on brownbears.com


btw, came across an oldie but a goodie the other day. scroll on down to the 1600 for some familiar faces. i guess the loss is easier to swallow now, eh?