Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cadillac Crash & Trainspotting

Time: 67:39
Distance: 10 miles

Ran from the Lodge on the loop that heads out on Robinson, over 24th, back Brooks through campus. I was only a few minutes from home near the elementary school when I witnessed a pickup back into the grill of a Cadillac. The lady driving her son to school was blaring her horn while the gentleman in the pickup continued to back up. I'm not sure how he didn't hear the horn. The Cadillac ended up with an f'd up grill and bumper. I'm not sure about the truck.

On the way back on Brooks I heard that a train was approaching from the south. I was still over 400m away and decided not to pick up the pace. Just as I was approaching the tracks the flashing lights came on. I was about 50 meters away when the signal came on and that's when the pace immediately dropped. My surge brought me to the tracks with the train in sight, probably 20 seconds away. I went for it. I made it. But, in hindsight it was probably a dumb thing to do.

No comments: