Monday, May 11, 2009

Dirty South

Time: 47:07
Distance: ~6 miles

We saw Brooke off this morning and then headed out for a jog on the streets of Birmingham, AL. Crossing into the southern state was my first time in what I associate as being the deep south (AL, LA, MS). The area where Brooke lives is really nice and quiet but we somehow were running on mainly high trafficked streets. Meagan and I finally found a neighborhood to run in that was just off the main road. The houses were small, there were lots of trees and few cars on these roads. I was pretty sure where I needed to end up and made a slight miscalculation which turned a 40 minute jaunt into a 47 minute complain-fest. You would think by Meagan's account of the run I had taken us in the wrong direction in the middle of Watts during the Rodney King riots.

Read Meagan's blog for more interesting pictures and stuff. I need to get caught up and shizz.

No comments: