Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Red Dirt of Draper

Time: 90:12
Distance: 14.02 miles
Pace: 6:26
Map

Scotty, Meagan and I drove out Sooner Road and met Kristi and Coleman at the parking lot to Lake Draper. I missed the trail out at Draper and remember it being one of the better training spots around Norman. It just takes a little long to get out there. One of my first runs in the OK state was at Draper with Steve Muchetti.

Coleman ran with Scotty and I for the first 3.5 miles and then he stopped to walk back. Our run continued to the end of the dirt and on to half way across the dam. Scotty had never been out to the trail before and was mightitly impressed with the soft stuff and how it ran.

We returned to the parking lot just as Coleman was getting back and he told us about a convo he had with a older gentleman who was enjoying his Memorial Weekend.

Old Guy: Son you look hot (temp.).
Coleman: Yea, I'm ok.
OG: Looks like you could use a beer. (Pats the bag of sno-cones next to him). They are nice and cold.
Coleman: Thanks, but I'm ok.

That was the biggest mistake of the morning, not taking free cold beers on a walk back to the parking lot.

No comments: