Friday, May 8, 2009

Dumpster Diving

Time: 38:49
Distance: ~5.5 miles

Last night I got a text from the photographer of the article that ran in the OU Daily and he said, "hey there... This is James the photog with the Daily. I wanted to let you know that the story ran today and the picture looked really great. They even ran it on the front page. You can check it out online at Oudaily.com Thanks again." First thing I thought after reading this was... man crush. Then I realized I had to find me a copy.

I jogged on Pickard and ran past Barry Switzer's pad before getting to campus. I was shirtless but it was early so I was hoping there weren't going to be too many students around when I entered buildings. I got lucky on there not being undergrads present but I couldn't find a damn copy. I check Gaylord (journalism school), Copeland (houses the OU Daily), and the building just to the north. I wasn't having any luck as the current day's paper was already out and no copies of the old one were left. I checked another building where I took a sociology graduate class and had more poor luck. I considered stopping in the library but felt they might go by Wal-Marts semi-strict policies of "no shirt, no shoes, no service."

I managed to make it to Price (business school) where I found a butt load of current issues. I noticed there was a paper recycling bin so I rummaged through it. Yahtzee! I found the jackpot and lifted a handfull of copies out of that bad boy. I made it home without ruining more than the outer copy. Don't be surprised when you open your mail and see an article about yours truly.

No comments: