Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Diner Has a Guest

Time: 73:04
Distance: 11.92 miles
Pace: 6:08
Map

Meagan and I both had a 10 mile run this morning where the second half was done up-tempo. Since her faster section is about the pace I like to run I had her go out and put in 30 minutes of running before I stepped out the door to meet her. We joined up along the tracks and I got to warm up for just under a mile (.90). She then got into the faster miles by clicking off 6:34, 6:30, 6:27, 6:28, 6:25.

We had made our way back to near the train tracks and I proceeded to fly solo for the remainder of the run. Once her workout was over, mine was about to start. I headed back on basically the same course we had used for her and rattled off 5:32, 5:29, 5:24, 5:25, 5:12. The final 1.4 miles I had the wind at my back and felt really comfortable. I think the 4th mile was the most difficult as I was running east on Imhoff which is slightly uphill. The wind played a bit of a factor early on but was a great help in the last mile. I might have pushed just a touch too hard but overall running 10 miles in under 60 minutes the day after a good track workout is good stuff. I'm pleased at where the fitness currently is.

Main St. action and local favorite The Diner

Upon returning to the apartment after a brief shower and breakfast I was sitting at my window and saw Guy Fieri driving down the street in a '67 Camaro. The 'maro was candy apple red and Guy's bleach blonde hair gave any sort of cover away. It also didn't help that he had a film crew in the passenger seat. I put money that he was filming at The Diner down the street for his Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives."

Guy in his '67 'maro.

I made a quick walk down to the restaurant where a guy name Stephen saw and recognized me from the marathon. He wanted me to take a picture with his wife who I think was a waitress at The Diner. It was a little awkward at the time but he was excited since he had seen me on television the morning of the OKC Marathon. Well, I returned the favor as I told a member of the film crew that when he had the chance to tell Guy that a kid from Santa Rosa was here. Guy and the film crew had several takes to do but eventually the crew member had a word with Guy. He looked up and saw Meagan and me standing off to the side. Later I got a picture and we shared some words about Santa Rosa, Nor Cal and his restaurant in SR called Tex-Wasabi's.

Sweet Dudes from Nor Cal

2 comments:

Jilane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jilane said...

I always wondered when he'd hit up Nompton. Glad you witnessed.