Thursday, June 25, 2009

Black and Tan

Time: 64:44
Distance: 10.00 miles
Mini-Cool Down: 10:30 for 1.32 miles
Pace: 6:28
Map

Jenny Graef and Scotty D came over to the pad on Main St. to start the the run as a group of 4. We took the streets by storm heading south on Jenkins. The girls were running an easy hour while Scotty and I were going to be running 5 miles easy and 5 miles between 5:30 and 5:40 pace. This was something that Jailhouse started giving me during the half-marathon cycle and I enjoyed finishing the runs a bit harder.

Splits: 8:04, 7:24, 7:06, 7:12, 7:03, 5:35, 5:39, 5:32, 5:33, 5:29.

Scotty and I got things rolling along Hwy Symmes. We ran about 3 miles together before he called it a day. It was brutal out there and I didn't feel great. I could tell the pace would have been comfortable had the body not been overheating. It seems that I can run about 15 minutes hard before the body starts to get really hot and has a difficult time cooling down. Once the body temp. is elevated you might as well throw in the towel because it's nearly impossible to sustain the pace. I felt strong today and was glad to get something in that resembled marathon pace.

No comments: