Saturday, June 27, 2009

Purcell Lake Run

Time: 45:46
Distance: 6.61 miles
Pace: 6:53
Map

I was up bright and early this morning for some timing duties. I rolled by Scotty's at about 6:00 am and then we headed down to Purcell for a community run. It's not the most competitive of races (only 90 finishers) but they did have homemade ice cream. How many races can say that? Scotty, Timmy and I timed the race old school style. It was sans popsicle sticks, but not far off. I don't think we made too many mistakes which is always good. For $50 we were offering PR's, state records, world records, you name it. We could have stopped the clock at whatever time you needed, so next year come on out.

Scotty and I ran after the timing gig. We did two loops around the lake which was just over 10k. The breeze was much appreciated as it was really muggy. The legs felt a little sluggish the first 10 minutes but I felt great by the finish.

No comments: