Monday, June 29, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 538:18
Distance: 79.25 miles

I came up just shy of hitting 80 miles on the weekly total. Not too shabby, though Jailhouse totaled the mileage closer to 85. The workouts this week went well as I had a 2k cutdown on Tuesday that worked me both aerobically and anaerobically. Working on 5k pace is never a great time for me but I know that's what I need right now. The tempo run and 300s on Friday did me some good too. I was able to adjust the splits which allowed me to leave the workout feeling upbeat and not completely drained. I always enjoy stepping on the track for something shorter after a tempo effort.

The week concluded today with hours of lounging around Scotty's house. Since I don't have cable and my ac is a little wonky, it was great to escape down to Walnut St. First, we watched USA get pounded in the second half by Brazil. Next, up was NBC's coverage of the USA Track & Field Championships. The men's 800 was a great showdown between KRob and Symmonds. Leo and Lomong looked strong in the men's 1500.

This next week of training has some good stuff. I get to cut shapes and run a hard 10 miler. I'm trying to find a race for the Fourth of July as it's a bit of a summer tradition to start out the holiday with a racing effort.

No comments: