Sunday, June 7, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 469:15
Distance: 70.19 miles

I had a good workout on Tues. despite cutting it short because I was going to struggle the final 3 mile interval. I had a great "5 and 5" on the streets back in Norman. The change in pace felt comfortable and the stride wanted to run 5:30s. I also had a good effort on Friday at the track running some mile repeats. All in all, the fitness is where it needs to be heading into the final week of training prior to the Boomtown Days Half-Marathon. I believe on a flat course in good conditions I would be able to run 66ish. Since I've heard Joplin is a bit hilly we will make it 67 and due to the weather how about 67:30 to 68:30. I'm not trying to find excuses prior to the race, but the most important part is to simply race based on feel. Though having not seen the course, I'm pretty sure it's not set up to be blisteringly fast, maybe just blistering hot. I expect a few Kenyans (hopefully just one fit Kip and a couple out of shape ones) to show up trying to collect a purse. Potential attendees who all live within a few hours include Benson Chesang, Mathew Chesang, and Josphat Boit. Who knows? Maybe it will just be Jerry's Kids and me.

Oh, and a shout to MaGush who joined the club.

1 comment:

MaGush said...

Thanks for the shout-out JoKin!