Sunday, June 21, 2009

Enid by Storm

Time: 111:24
Distance: 16.29 miles
Pace: 6:50
Map

After a fun night out in Enid, America with the wedding crew, it was time to run. Meagan, Kristi and I went over to the Holiday Inn Express to meet Jilane, Aja and Scotty. Once the crew was assembled we mobilized up and out to the dirt roads. If you normally don't check out the map, do so today. I have gone away from running out and back and was suprised to see how straight the road we were on actually was from the sky. The dirt road was a sweet training surface and slightly rolling.

My head throbbed for the first 10 minutes upon impact with the ground but I felt good from 3 to 10 miles. At about 70 minutes the throbbing returned and I was ready to be done with the run by 12 miles. During our time out there Scotty and I saw a catfish pond under a small bridge, a friendly black lab, two horses, a lizard and a couple of small snakes. Our run was nothing in comparison to the girls' run.

1 comment:

Kevin Balance said...

Minus the head throbbing, it sounded like a good run. I appreciate seeing wildlife on my runs, too. I enjoyed looking at the map, although the line seemed too straight.