Sunday, November 22, 2009

Busted Long Run

Time: 39:43
Distance: 5.63 miles

I needed to run 16 miles today. It didn't happen. There is a state park just behind the hotel in Henderson, KY and I thought that it would be conducive for me to fit in 16. It wasn't. I heard there was a golf course that you could run on and there was, but it was being golfed. I didn't want to be that guy who runs on the golf course while others are trying to enjoy the round they paid for. I made a few loops on the roads in the park. It was boring. I ran on a trail for about .5 miles. It took about 5 minutes to go .5 miles. Today just wasn't my day.

I stopped around 5 miles into the run to do some hill sprints. I really got after it to the point where my arms hurt. Once I was done, I ran back to the hotel and accepted my failure.

No comments: